Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Disabling outgoing transfers/forwarding

Is there a way to stop users from being able to transfer a call or forward their phone to an outside(ie PSTN) extension? There are several toll fraud risks in allowing users to do this.

Thanks for any help.

11 REPLIES

Re: Disabling outgoing transfers/forwarding

Hi,

you can define CSS specifically for the forward procedure, so that you can control where the user is allowed to fwd his line. This is idependant of the CSS of the line.

Yanna

Could you tell me where you do that? I have looked for a place to do that but I couldn't find it?

Can't verify this at this moment since I'm not near a test CM but if I recall right, just set the Forward All's calling search space to a restricted CSS and leave the destination blank. (You can find this on the Line configuration. This should do what you want to do...

--Paul Alvarez

OK. That seems to work for forwarding. What about restricting transferring calls?

That I have never encountered. Sorry...

We use this on our VG-200. Due to a special configuration which probably does not apply to your environment, you can leave out the 4th line.

access-list 105 permit icmp any any

access-list 105 permit tcp any any eq telnet

access-list 105 permit udp any any eq tftp

access-list 105 deny ip any host 10.102.1.206

access-list 105 permit ip any any

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip access-group 105 out

This is to block outbound transfers only.

Pardon my ignorance but I don't see how that access-list would have any impact whatsoever.

How does setting up an acces-list that basically allows all ip, except to one host, have anything to do with filtering transfers of voice calls through a gateway?

as of the 3.2.2C release you can still not restrict call transfer physicaly on the cisco call manager. Maybe in SeaView ...........

jim k

If you wish to prevent toll fraud, you can implement a PIN (personal identification number) system that'll authenticate a user first before allowing a long distance call to go through. Since the PIN is unique for each user, any calls made using the PIN will be directly traceable to the user irregardless of whether the call was made using forwarded/transfer sessions or not.

Ive been looking into implementing a PIN system to authenticate users before long distance calls can be placed. Might you be able to point me to any resources or make any recommendations as to the most efficient way to go about implementing a PIN system?

Views
Helpful
Replies