Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Disappearing call handlers

I am having trouble creating new call handlers. I go through the steps of creating one and clicking on save when I'm finished configuring it. After logging off and logging back on, all the call handlers I created are gone. I have re-booted the server and run DBWalker to no avail. Thoughts please....! We're running 2.4.6.102<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Disappearing call handlers

Are the handlers being created at all and just not showing up in the SA?

You can check by hunting for the alias of the handler you tried to create under the Unity folder in Exchange... you'll find it under the call handler collection.

You can also fire up DOHPropTest (not in attached mode) and turn on the global flag and turn off the cache flag at the top left and look for this call handler in the handlers collection. You can do this in read only mode so no password is necessary.

We may be creating it and tagging it with a different SystemID or there may be an orphaned handler hanging around that happens to match the same alias and we're not dealing with it well or something along those lines.

can they create handlers that aren't "copies" of other handlers (or vice versa)?

So dbWalker showed no errors at all?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: Disappearing call handlers

For those playing along at home this one actually turned out to be pretty tricky to run down. After knocking around in the system remotely for a period of time we discovered that the Exchange directory was not allowing us (or anyone) to modify the "Company" field on Subscirbers. For call handlers this is where we stick the display name (since we don't want to use the real display name property which would cause the handlers to show up in the address book). With no display name to use these handlers didn't show up in the SA, of course.

Turned out a previous Exchand admin had gone into Exchange raw mode and edited the schema such that the company name was not editable... you could create it but once created it could not be altered. The reasoning behind the need to do this is a bit of a mystery to me, but hey...

Since the SA writes to the memory cache which then writes to the directory, the call handler showed up for about 10 minutes (while it was properly formed in the cache) but once we synced again and the value from the directory (which didn't have the company name) updated the cache, the call handler vanished from the SA since it no longer had a display name.

Tricky stuff... but all is well now.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies