Views
Helpful
Replies

Discard Digits

amarmn1975
Level 1
Level 1

Hiii Experts,,

I know how to make atranslation pattern to discard predot digits like 9708.5115 and it works fine, but if want to discard after dot for example if the user dial 9708511533 how can i discard the numbers after the eaight digit.

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco Unified CallManager Dial Plan specifies dial plan details for certain countries other than North America and describes deployment and installation of these dial plans. This guide describes route pattern wildcards, special characters, calling party transformation settings, and called party transformation settings that apply to dial plans. It also describes the Discard Digits Instructions (DDIs) and tags that dial plans of specific countries use.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5629/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080723f3e.html

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I haven't experienced any request like this before.

May be you can use a pattern like 9.xxxxxxxx to ensure that you use 8 numbers for dialing. Or you may use discard "Trailing #" with the pattern 9.xxxxxxxx#[0-9]! to discard any digits after #. But you have to press # when you dial.

Wiyandi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: