Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Disconnect after Transfer

Running CM 3.1(2)c. When ever the receptionist tries to transfer a call, the distant end phone will ring once and then disconnect. This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to be a big problem. Any information on this would be a great help.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Disconnect after Transfer

Are these calls coming in from a gateway? If they are what type of gateway are you using and any versions that would be applicable. Does this same problem occur with ip phone to receptionist then transfer? Is the receptionist using web attendant or anything like that?

Thank you,

-Mckee

The gateway is a 6608 blade in a 6509. The version of COS on the 6509 is 6.3.3x. She is using webattendant, But it happens wether she uses webattendant or just the phone. Mainly, it happens from calls coming from outside of the LAN (non IP phone to IP phone).

Cisco Employee

I can't really think of anything thing of the top of my head. I would have had some things to look at if it was h.323 gateway, but since it was not I suggest opening a TAC case and getting them some traces so they can help you troubleshoot the issues.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Dear Mckee,

I have similar problem with an H323 gateway. Some times after a transfer, the call is disconnected.

I'm using a 2610 with an NM-HDV-E1 card for PRI access to PSTN. Any hints on this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pambos

Hi guys,

We have had a similar problem here in the UK and think we have solved it. On our Gateway the command show isdn history showed a lot of calls to reception as failed. I'm not sure what the topologies of your networks are like, but in our network this problem was caused by latency in the signalling between Web Attendant over the WAN link to the Call Manager. When the port numbers 3224 and 4321 (Web Attendant to Call Manager signalling ports) were added to the QOS policy list the problem was resolved. Hope this helps you guys out.

Regards

Mike

With regards my previous post, the failed calls seem to have disappeared, but users are still reporting intermittent failure of the Transfer function and some incoming users complain of the ring once disconnect issue you mentioned. Resetting the TCD service clears this. Anyone got any tips on why these issues are affecting Web Attendant?

I've the same problem here with cm 3.1.2(c) either. Calls from the PSTN are beeing dropped by trying to transfer it. The Gateway is 3620 with NM-HDV E1 connection to the PSTN, IOS Version 12.2.7. Only calls from the PSTN are dropped after transfer, internal calls (ip phone-ip phone) may be transfered without any problems. Maybe a h323 issue?

Regards Oliver

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.