Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Disconnect between IP and PBX

Hi,

I have an AS5300 sitting between CCM and an NEC PBX, connected by several T1 CAS trunks. When I make a call from IP phone to PBX phone, everything is fine during the setup and actual call.

But if I hang up the IP phone first, I get a loud screeching tone on the PBX phone, then re-order.

The re-order is normal on the NEC, the screeching disconnect is not, though.

Note that this tone only happens when IP phone hangs up first, not the other way around.

I am thinking that it has something to do with the supervisory disconnect, but I can't find anyway to control that on T1s.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Disconnect between IP and PBX

Matt

Your correct it does sound like a disconnect supervision problem. I have a Nortel SL-100 and when I build a T-1 CAS trunk group there is a field called SUPV that controls the method of reciving notification of answer or disconnect from the far end switch. This field is normally set to ANSDISC for answer/disconnect supervision. I have no knowledge on the NEC PBX but I'd bet that they also have a way to control disconnect supervision. Good luck.

Views
Helpful
Replies