Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Disconnect on DID

Here is the problem. Internally running Call Manger 3.07 and unity 2.45.73, voice mail works fine, but when I call in on a DID, the phone rings, then disconnects, no transfer to voice mail. In order to complete the call, you must hit transfer, the number, and transfer again. If I pick up the call, hit transer voice mail, the voice mail picks up, but when I hit transfer to complete, kills the call. Any ideas?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Disconnect on DID

An error is probably occuring when the CallManager tries to connect Unity to the phone. During this time the CallManager checks the bandwith requirements for the call. It also checks media capabilites of the two devices and the region to decide on a codec for the call. If either of these checks fail the call will be dropped. CCM will put an error in the log files in the following directory "\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\CCM" telling you why.

Are you using G.729?

I have seen this behavior when the gateway is setup to use a low bandwith codec that Unity does not support. Is G.729 enabled on the Unity server? (Do you see AvCiscoTsp_MC informational events saying G.729 has been enabled during Unity's startup sequence?)

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content