cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnecting a PLAR call

Darren Lynn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a PSTN line that is connected to an FXO port that i need to dial driectly to a particular handset. I have configured a PLAR connection type for this and the phone call works. the problem is that if the caller hangs up the phone, the called phone continues to ring untill the timeout of 180 seconds is exceeded.

Is there a way of having the voice port detect when the caller hangs up and to then terminate the call to the IP Phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Use plar opx XXX command in place of the plar command.

The opx option makes the voice port sense the incoming ringing, it then sets up the VOIP call , but it does not make the voice port go off hook. It keeps monitoring the POTS ring signal so if this goes away it clears down the VOIP call leg. If the VOIP call answers , it takes the FXO port off hook and bridges the POTS and VOIP call legs together.

You also don't need the bearer cap speech command as this only has relevance for ISDN type calls.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

munatara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i have managed to get the call to timeout earlier, but i still cant get the call to terminate when the calling party terminates the call from their end.

If i have a cptone defined, do i still need to create a supervisory custom cptone?

below is the voice port configuration

voice-port 2/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

no battery-reversal

echo-cancel coverage 32

cptone AU

timeouts call-disconnect 30

timeouts wait-release 5

connection plar 348

bearer-cap Speech

Cheers

Darren

Use plar opx XXX command in place of the plar command.

The opx option makes the voice port sense the incoming ringing, it then sets up the VOIP call , but it does not make the voice port go off hook. It keeps monitoring the POTS ring signal so if this goes away it clears down the VOIP call leg. If the VOIP call answers , it takes the FXO port off hook and bridges the POTS and VOIP call legs together.

You also don't need the bearer cap speech command as this only has relevance for ISDN type calls.

thank you.... that worked like a charm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: