Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Disconnecting Unity from 5.5 and Reconnecting to 2000

I would like to disconnect my Unity 3.1(5) server from my 5.5-Sp4 server and reconnect to my newly added Exchange 2000-sp3 server.

I plan to follow the instructions:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/inst/inst31/inst_025.htm#94080

This essentially un-installs the Unity Configuration program.

My question is ... how does it come back? Does this happen as a result of restarting the Unity Services? or .... am I to re-install the Unity Configuration program?

5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Disconnecting Unity from 5.5 and Reconnecting to 2000

You will need to re-run configuration setup and point at the Exchange 2000 server. Configuration setup will run a program called the syncher which will sync up SQL and AD.

Keith

Where is it ??? On the CD or in the commserver directory???

Cisco Employee

Configuration setup can be found in your install directory under \commserver\ConfigurationSetup\Setup.exe

Thanks ... I know this is a bit pendantic ... that's what I'm after.

The documentation needs to insert a section specific to what needs to be done when E2k is added to a production Unified Cisco Unity environment. Yes the jist of the information is there but not in a "step-by-step" fashion.

Gold

I filed defect CSCdz12045 on the documentation.

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies