cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnecting Unity from 5.5 and Reconnecting to 2000

bmcdonald
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to disconnect my Unity 3.1(5) server from my 5.5-Sp4 server and reconnect to my newly added Exchange 2000-sp3 server.

I plan to follow the instructions:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/inst/inst31/inst_025.htm#94080

This essentially un-installs the Unity Configuration program.

My question is ... how does it come back? Does this happen as a result of restarting the Unity Services? or .... am I to re-install the Unity Configuration program?

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

You will need to re-run configuration setup and point at the Exchange 2000 server. Configuration setup will run a program called the syncher which will sync up SQL and AD.

Keith

Where is it ??? On the CD or in the commserver directory???

Configuration setup can be found in your install directory under \commserver\ConfigurationSetup\Setup.exe

Thanks ... I know this is a bit pendantic ... that's what I'm after.

The documentation needs to insert a section specific to what needs to be done when E2k is added to a production Unified Cisco Unity environment. Yes the jist of the information is there but not in a "step-by-step" fashion.

I filed defect CSCdz12045 on the documentation.

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: