cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Displaying caller ID from a second CM Cluster

samuelc
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a method to display a caller id from another callmanager cluster?

6 Replies 6

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sam, As long as you have the correct parameters configured:

1. in the gw config page, check box to send caller ID or override actual phone number with another number.

2. the phone is configured with the right info.

We do send caller ID by default. If the call goes out thru DMS100 switch and then comes back to the other CCM, it will work..

If the call goes between the clusters with an ICT, we do send caller ID..

Can you tell us the exact call flow in your scenario?

Caller ID screening works differently in older CM versions, versus newer versions. 3.x only screened caller number, while 4.x is capable of both name and number.

Like said above, if your Caller ID screening settings are set to Default (or Allowed), as long as its not being screened at the Trunk level or the route pattern level, you should be seeing the Caller ID at the other cluster.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

The phone settings are correct but we utilize a gatekeeper and I didn't see a setting for send caller ID. If the phones are in the same device pool or CSS they recieve the caller ID otherwise the called nuber only recieves the phone number and not the caller id.

Thanks, sam

Hi, Ok, so can you do the following:

Look at CCM traces/ debug h225 asn1 to determine who is actually not sending the caller ID. By default, H323 does send caller ID thru. No setup is required. On analog ports, we have "caller-id enable". But that is not required for VOIP dial-peers or digital ports

If the phones are in the same CSS, I assume they do not go thru a GK/GW. Is that right?

I believe you input your suggestion before I input more information.

If the phones are in the same CSS the Caller ID works fine but in different CSS's but same callmanager cluster the caller ID is not displayed. We do utilize a gatekeeper for the different zones.

Thanks, Sam

The phone settings are correct but we utilize a gatekeeper and I didn't see a setting for send caller ID. If the phones are in the same device pool or CSS they recieve the caller ID otherwise the called nuber only recieves the phone number and not the caller id.

Sam,

1. If they are on the same CCM cluster, why are you using a GK to route calls?

2. CSS should not matter for caller name display at all.. I would start by looking at the CCM traces first. Let us try to determine who is stripping the CID..