Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Displaying Picture of the caller

Hi,

When we receive an internal call from IP Phone an xml script displays Caller's Name and DN. This is an IPPhoneDirectory tag. I would like to learn which script is executed when we receive a call so I can modify it and let the Caller's picture to be seen on the phone.

So, anyone knows which XML file is executed when we receive a call ?

Thanks

Yigit

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Displaying Picture of the caller

Hello Yigit,

I'm not aware of a script that is executed to display the callers info, as far as I know its a function of the Skinny (SCCP) protocol - the CallManager sends a "CallInfoMessage" SCCP message to the destination which contains information about the caller. You can see this by watching the packets during a call between two phones.

Are you using a third party program to push xml data to the phones during a call event? Or can you provide more information about this xml script that you mentioned? Perhaps someone here will know more, but this is an interesting issue!

-Aaron

Hi all,

What I thought was when SCCP makes the phone ring we see Caller's name which is actually an XML page .Probably SCCP runs a Javascript that checks whether CallerID is in Corporate Directory or Address Book or not. If it is there script displays calling number and name . If not it displays just calling number. If PSTN does not send caller ID it displays Private. If I know which script it is, I can add Caller's graphic which we know it can be done in many ways.

Thanks,

Yigit

Hi Yigit,

there is an application call CallerInfo.jsp from CiscoIPServices its appear the caller information lik the picture i attached , but really I tried many times to applied this application but its not work with me .

there is people run these application .

for further information inter this link http://developer.cisco.com/web/cdc/search?p_p_id=3&p_p_state=maximized&_3_struts_action=%2Fsearch%2Fsearch&_3_keywords=callerinfo

search the CallerInfo and enter the Cisco_IP_Phone_Services_SDK_Overview

if you success to implement the application please tell me cuse i need help .

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.