Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distinctive Ringing (Offnet vs Onnet) with CCM 4.0 or 4.1

Hi;

On CCM 3.3, one can configure distinctive ringing, one ring per cycle on an IP phone for calls coming from on-net(from another IP phone), and two rings per cycle on an IP phone for calls coming from off-net(from PSTN), by using service parameters menu.

Any information to do the same thing with CCM 4.0 and 4.1?

PS: I need the exact name of the parameter that needs to be changed. It must be somewhere under service parameters configuration, but i am not sure which one...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Distinctive Ringing (Offnet vs Onnet) with CCM 4.0 or 4.1

Hi look at the Call Classification field on the gateway first.

This parameter determines whether an incoming call that is using this gateway is considered off the network (OffNet) or on the network (OnNet).

When the Call Classification field is configured as Use System Default, the setting of the Cisco CallManager clusterwide service parameter, ***Call Classification***, determines whether the gateway is OnNet or OffNet.

In CM 3.3 and i thint 4.0 too,the parameter was "MGCP Network Location Offnet or "H323 Network Location Offnet".

greetings

mehmet

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi look at the Call Classification field on the gateway first.

This parameter determines whether an incoming call that is using this gateway is considered off the network (OffNet) or on the network (OnNet).

When the Call Classification field is configured as Use System Default, the setting of the Cisco CallManager clusterwide service parameter, ***Call Classification***, determines whether the gateway is OnNet or OffNet.

In CM 3.3 and i thint 4.0 too,the parameter was "MGCP Network Location Offnet or "H323 Network Location Offnet".

greetings

mehmet

Thank you Mehmet. I have solved my problem by using your advises.

Also, I got some additions to your comments, on ccm 4.0 or 4.1 there are no parameters such as "MGCP Network Location Offnet" or "h323 Network Location Offnet".

Changing the "call classification" parameter to off-net, default is on-net, on gateway configuration, is enough to have distinctive ring tones for on-net vs off-net.

Yardiminiz icin tesekkurler. :)

Saygilarimla

Atinc Baytan

Hi,

could you please explain where you set more details on this ?

Where do you add the different ringtones for offnet and onnet calls, and where do you set in GW config as off net ?(routeplan ?)

Is it in routeplan that you specify what are offnet an onnet calls ?

Thank you for any reply on this :o)

br

Runar

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content