cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Distinguish between new and old voice message!!!

kin-wah.tsang
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I wonder if the Unity can distinguish the new voice message which is listened or not and then we can set deleting the old voice message (read message) after a certian time of period.

If it can, how can I achieve this? Thx for help

Regards

3 Replies 3

kyle.roth
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, Unity can distinguish a new voice message from a "saved" voice message.

Voice messages in the Subscriber's Exchange mailbox inbox marked as unread are the "new" messages. Voice messages in the Subscriber's Exchange mailbox (any mail folder, excluding "deleted items") marked as read and not deleted are the "saved" messages.

Your Exchange policy of removing all messages over "X" days old is a way to blanket remove "saved" messages. For more information on Exchange policy check Microsoft's Exchange documentation.

Subscriber education and exchange policy is the best method to control "saved" messages. Our policy is 100Mb mailbox limit and educating Subscribers on how to archive their mailbox and how to delete messages.

You can also look at the Message Store Manager tool to help manage your storage usage by allowing you to run reports and delete messages based on various rules (read state, urgency, age etc...). You'll find the latest version of the tool and it's training video and help file on it's home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

Oh, Thx a lot!!

The info is very helpful!

That tool should be what I want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: