Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Distortion/Digitization of Voice on 7936 Conference Phone

Hello,

We replaced a 7936 four months ago that was exhibiting extreme distortion (people described as echo-migitizing) when dialing out, or people calling in. Voices sound fine on the 7936, but the people on the other end complain the digitization is severe and unlistenable. The new 7936 worked for about 3 months, then started acting the same way.

This leads me to believe it probably isn't the phone, but could anyone point us in the right direction of what might cause this distortion. If I hook up a 7960 phone in the jack, there's no problem.

This happens regardless of how far away from the phone anyone sits.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Wasser

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Distortion/Digitization of Voice on 7936 Conference Phone

if a regular ip phone works with no problems, you may want to check/try a few things:

1) upgrade or downgrade the 7936 load

2) verify any DSPs, that the 7936 may use for conferencing, are not problematic

3) replace the 7936 hardware (including any mics if they are problematic)

i would start with the above. if still problems, try to use a sniffer such as ethereal, http://ethereal.com, and see if you can capture and view the voice streams and how they are operating. (graph them to see any drops, etc.)

Thank you for your help, the firmware update seems to have resolved the problem!

Thank you for your response, the firmware update seems to have solved the problem!

What CM version is ? And what is the firware for 7936 ?

A quick try...

Please try by upgrading the firmware for a single 7936.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content