Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Distribution Lists and Digital Networking

I have 4 Unity 4.0(3) servers, they are all in the same AD and exchange enterprise. I can see the users names in the administrator and add public lists OK. The problem I have is that I want to import the lists from the old system and they are layed out with extension number. When I run the Public Distribution list builder I can only see the users on the local unity server that I am creating. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

Ryan santry

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Distribution Lists and Digital Networking

I'm not clear on what it is you want to do - are you saying you want to import the same distribution list into different Unity servers on your network but assign different extension numbers to them? You can't do that - the Extension number is written through to the distribution list object in AD and this is shared among all Unity servers that use it.

One way to get around this is to not assign the distribution list an extension at all - you can address the distribution list by name and/or you can assign it as the message recipient on a call handler that callers can dial and leave messages for etc... but if you want to assign an extension directly to a distribution list it must be shared among all Unity servers that are using the list.

As for the public distribution list builder - it only lets you add users from the local Unity server into lists you create or edit - you can add users from each unity server to the same list but you'll have to use the PDLB on each box to do that. Adding users homed on other Unity servers to that list is a little tricky - I could look into the detals there if this is troublesome for you.

If that's not what you were asking, let me know...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content