cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

distribution lists and "reply all"

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has a VMO integration. The send messages to public distribution lists. We are attempting to reply to a voice message that was sent to a distribution list. The problem is that there is not an ability to reply to all users within the distribution list; it only lists the originator of the message.

I know that you could spell the name of the list and reply that way. However, the customer wants the ability to reply all via the phone through caller input.

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually... if you hit "44" instead of just "4" it'll reply to all instead of just replying to the sender.

This is a little dangerous since you can't get a full list of all the folks that were on the send line so you can't be certain who is going to get this message... it'd be greate if there were an option to iterate through the list of recipients before sending in this case but there's not. As such the option isn't documented I don't believe. The last time I checked (3.1.(2)) it worked fine, however.

This is kind of weird. It works for me when I test on the Local Network. However, my co-worker has an IP phone on a remote network interfacing with the same Unity server as I am.

When I attempt "44" it works fine for me to reply all. When my co-worker attempts "44" it sends him to the record message portion. Basically he hears a beep and he is expected to leave a message. It doesn't prompt him for "reply all".

I hope I am making sense here.

Thanks

A little bit more information.....

My co-worker is actually calling externally via the PSTN. Not across the network like I originally thought.

It sounds like he is probably using a cell phone. We have had problems with cell phones recoginizing the double key presses like ## and 44. If he is using a cell phone have him try a landline to see if it is a PSTN issue or just a cell issue.

I do know that he is not using a cell phone. He is using a non IP phone and is having these problems.

Bob

Regardless of what kind of phone he's using, sounds like the key presses are not coming through quickly enough to be considered a single event and they are being processed as two seperate DTMF events. You can adjust the delay we'll accept between digits using the Advanced Settings Tools (in the Tools Depot and you can download the latest version off CCO or AnswerMonkey.net). The setting in here is "Set 'double key press' time. It defaults to 250 ms... I'd try bumping it up to 300 or maybe 350 but not much beyond that. If they can't press keys within 350 ms of one another there's an issue with his phone (or his fingers I suppose).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: