cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Distribution LIsts

dbateman64
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to send an message to a distributon list I get the following error "Sorry this recipient's email address does not exist". It allows me to spell the list by name and it finds it but when I then select the list I get the above error. I'm running 3.1(1). Also the list does show up in Exchange.

Has anyone else run in to this?

Dave

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did this list get imported somewhere (i.e. using the import/export from 2.4.6) by any chance? Can you check in Exchange (or ADUC... you didn't indicate which platform you were running on) and see if the distribution list has an SMTP address assigned to it. All lists should have an email address on them but there may be a scenario where the import can create DLs without an email address....

The list was created in SA. I have created a few of them and they all act the same way. There is a SMTP address assigned to it and it looks proper. I am running Exchange 2000. Any other thoughts?

Dave

I'm a little puzzled since there isn't a prompt recorded (that I can find) that matches the one you quote in your first post... are there any errors in the application event log when you attempt to address to one of these lists over the phone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: