Views
Helpful
Replies

dllhost.exe

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running CM 3.2(2C) SP G. When I look in task manager i see multiple instances of dllhost.exe running each using alot of memory. Is this normal?

Also when a phone registers to the publisher i do no get all my ring types on the phone.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Frank

5 Replies 5

JOEL ANDERSEN
Level 1
Level 1

m

dllhost is used on all versions of WIndows 2000. dllhost is the host

process for all COM+ applications. I would not worry about it unless it is increasingly taking up more memory. If you are running MLA (Multi level admin) you can stop and start IIS to slow it down. There is a special release that TAC needs to give you that can fix the dllhost.exe taking up too much memory. But, like I said don't worry about just seeing multiple instances of dllhost.exe it is quite normal.

Your ring type problem: Are you running TFTP on your Pub and Sub? If you are make sure the RingList.xml file on the publisher is the same as the subscriber. You should also think about turning TFTP off on your sub.

kshalavin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Frank,

about ringer tones - look for a message with "Ringer is busy..." topic earlier.

Just in case, I send you the same Cisco URL to solve this problem:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a0080094cd4.shtml

Hope this helps you.

Regards.

Thanks,

Is their a document on best practices regarding tftp and which servers in the cluster should have it enabled?

Thanks

Frank

Not sure if there is a document but as a good rule of thumb let the subscriber handle the call processing and publisher be the tftp server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: