Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DMP-4400G How can I change the local time

Hi,

Recently I installed DMS 5.0.2 and DMP-4400G for Digital Signage. Now I am running a Flash application that is embedded into a HTML page, but sometimes the DMP does not show the content of the flash, the LCD shows a temporary error; this error never occurs when I use a standard PC with any Internet browser to display the same content. The webmaster says that DMP does not have an updated time and date. Do you know how to change the local time and date of the DMP-4400G.

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: DMP-4400G How can I change the local time

Jhon,

There are couple of things...

1. The DMP 4400G has a internal clock but at this time there is no way to change the date & time on the DMP 4400G.

What does the date & time have to do with the Flash Content anyway?

2. What version & type of Flash is being used for this embedded Flash content? Is the correct version selected & configured on the DMP?

Cheers!

T.

Hi T,

Currently time on the DMP cannot be reset to new , this is because the timer is encoded with in the fimrware and there is no access to the firware to change the time.

Bad luck,

Cisco Employee

K,

I am already aware of the clock issue on the DMP. I am awaiting reply from the customer on the Flash content info and the reasons why time & date are relevant to the flash failure...

T.

Hi,

We are experiencing the same problem we are using a web server and some simple html with java script to display date and time. This is pulling local time of the DMP and not server time hence being incorrect.

Regards,

Bryn

The DMP does have an internal clock, but in version 5.1 and before there was not a mechanism to set the clock.

The newest 5.2 Firmware allows you to set the internal clock with NTP.

All javascript and flash code that requests the time from the local device will now work with 5.2.

Greg Shonting

Business Video CSE

Cisco

Views
Helpful
Replies