Views
Helpful
Replies

DNIS Problem

nremmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are using CME 4.2 on IOS version 12.4(11)XW2. Image file is c2801-ipvoicek9-mz.14-11.XW2.bin

I cant seem to get phones to display the directory entry name. I have service dnis overlay and service dnis dir-lookup in the telephony service. I also have the number listed in the directory entry section.

I have ran a debug isdn q931 and the Calling Party Number is showing the number that I have listed in the directory entry but only the number shows up on the phones.

Any Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, service dnis dir-lookup is supposed to show a string associated to the called number (DNIS), not the calling number (ANI). This is useful when you have multiple companies but a single set of operators, so they know who has been called and answer appropriately.

If you want something that shows a name for the caller, look at something that I wrote for that:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/number2name.tcl

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, service dnis dir-lookup is supposed to show a string associated to the called number (DNIS), not the calling number (ANI). This is useful when you have multiple companies but a single set of operators, so they know who has been called and answer appropriately.

If you want something that shows a name for the caller, look at something that I wrote for that:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/number2name.tcl

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for that. I will give the TCL script a go and let you know.

I think thats not right so!

I have the same IOS and have the same problem!

Before upgrade to the new IOS the calling number and the associated dir-entry was displayed on the phone!

I think the problem was beginning after the upgrade.

I will downgrade to the older cme version and test this feature.

i think its a bug!

I forgot to say this:

When I go to "missed calls" the number and the name from the entry is displayed!

In the call-lists the nameresolution is working but not when a call is incoming!

So I have downgraded with IOS c2801-entservicesk9-mz.124-4.XC6 to CME 4.0.3 and the feature name-display works !

It must be a bug in the IOS !

Your right - I have exactly the same problem. The Directory entry is showing in the missed calls but not on an incoming call.

It must be an IOS bug.

I dont really want to downgrade so i might wait for the next version

Just upgraded the IOS to c2801-ipvoicek9-mz.124-11.XW6.bin and it works a treat

Even 12.4(11)XJ4 works for that. It is CME 4.1 so not bad as for features supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: