Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Do I need to reboot my callmanager?

We are looking into implementing cisco IP telephony and we were wondering how often people have had to reboot their call manager? We are still a little skeptical of using windows for our phone system. Has anybody had major problems? Thanks in advance.

Jpoulos

4 REPLIES

Re: Do I need to reboot my callmanager?

Hi, you do not have to reboot the call manager in normal operation. We have implemented Cisco IP Telephony for a customer. The network is live for several months now, and we have not encountered problems that needed the server to reboot.

I have redundant CM's and have to reboot the primary CM about once a month. The problem is a memory leak caused by the directory. Everytime a directory search is done from a 7960 phone the cm publisher loses a bit of memory. There is a bug tracker on this - id CSCdv17680 - but it's not fixed in my 3.1(1) version. Because my phones are all registered with the subscriber (backup) call-manager, there is no loss of service for the 10 minutes or so it takes to boot. I've had no failure of either callmanager.

I think that memory leak is fixed in 3.12c or 3.13a. If you are planning on having differnt partitions for departments or different partitions for remote customers you have to reboot every time you change or add a partition.

Rarely. I have installed several CM systems and we are using one for our in-house phone system and have not rebooted the CM for 6 months now. My first install is over 15 months without a reboot because of a problem. Cisco is very strict about the windows install, they provide you with an OS image and all the service packs, etc.. Don't screw with it and you'll be fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content