Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Do not Disturb IP Phone Service?

Has anyone set up the Do not Disturb IP Phone Service before? Does anyone have the instructions on how to set this service up, sort of like the FastDial service, I assume? Thanks for your assistance.

-Ron

7 REPLIES

Re: Do not Disturb IP Phone Service?

Hello,

the link show how to set it up at the phone but I have to configure it at the CCM before using it at the phone. For that I use the Service URL. Where dó I find this?

Achim

This only applies to SIP, not CM. If you are running SIP and not Callmanager, then you can use the Do Not Disturb. Make sure when you are reading the Manual that you pay attention to the SIP and CM next to the feature. This will let you know what you can and can't do.

Other than that I don't know of any DND feature with CallManager

Well, the best you can do is hit CFwdAll (call forward all) on the phone and then press the messages button. This will forward all incoming calls to voicemail.

I have been asked this, and if anyone knows, I would love to hear how you did it, but how to forward external calls directly to VM, but still received calls from internal users.

--Jon

call manager 3.3 has a semi DND feature, it is called IP Manager Assistant.

here is a link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a008011b4a2.html#25292

Ken

Use IP Manager Assistant. A manager or assistant can define which calls get through to to the phone, and which calls go to wherever you want them to go based on the calling number. It takes some doing to configure the first time, but after that it is no problem. It also features DND as well as other features that have been sorely lacking. CCM 3.3 and above only.

I slapped a polycom IP 500 phone in my system just to test it out and it has a DND button right on it that works great. I guess it just silences the ringing on its own.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content