Views
Helpful
Replies

Do Phones Need Access to the Internet for Demo Apps in SDK

david.walsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking at enhancing our Cisco VoIP installation by getting into some voice apps. I'm not a programmer (more of a network geek), but I was looking at the SDK and some of the sample apps in there.

Our network is pretty locked down and I can't really provide access from the phones to the Internet (long story). However, I can probably make it so the app server hosting the services can.

Question: Do the phones need to be able to access the Net, or is it good enough that the host server can access the Net and provide the info to the requesting phones (say for example the stock quote app, but others as well).

Question #2: Can anyone point to some other cool apps that I could put on?

Thanks,

Dave

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Cisco CallManager administrators maintain the list of services to which users can subscribe. Connectivity to the internet is required only if the data that the phone needs is to be obtained from internet. If the data is available in a local server no internet connection is needed. The phone can be connected to an access server which has the connectivity to internet. Providing the service URL is the most important step to be done.