Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Documentation on Viewmail MSI mods?

I've got a script to install ViewMail 3.1, well actually launch the install, but then users have to click through accepting all defaults. So I either need details on how to start the 3.1 install with all defaults accepted in a more or less silent mode, or instructions on how to modify the latest version of ViewMail.

Searching the knowledge base tells me it is possible, but without any details on how.

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Documentation on Viewmail MSI mods?

For the 3.1 VMO, you can use the silent install option (SETUP.EXE -B).

For the 4.0(1) VMO, you can use msiexec command line options (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314881).

For example:

msiexec /i Viewmail.msi INSTALLDIR=”C:\Program Files\Cisco\Viewmail” UNITYSERVER=”” EXTENSION=”” /qb

The /qb switch provides an unattended mode with a basic status window. You could also use the /qn switch for unattended mode without a status window.

The next time Outlook starts, the VMO form will need to write to the registry so make sure the user has sufficient rights (usually just local admin).

Community Member

I'm in the same boat here trying to automate the installation of VMO 3.1.3 and I ran setup.exe -B and it still prompted me for the language type. Is there a way to make it default (and not prompt) for a certain language.

I've been tearing apart the setup.iwf file with no real luck so far.

Many thanks in advance.

Cisco Employee

I'd suggest using the 4.0(1) ViewMail install. It's functionally equivalent to the 3.x form and compatible with previous versions of Cisco Unity. You can choose the 4.0(1) form install based on the language and use the .msi options designed for large deployments. Starting with the 4.0(1) form now will also ease future upgrades. The ViewMail install files are available on CD1.

Community Member

Thank you so much, you have answered another question that I had and saved my team a bunch of time.

I am in your debt. :)

Steve

Cisco Employee

Quick follow up...

Not sure what your time frame is but the 4.0(2) VMO form will be available as a separate download (about 20MB) with the Cisco Unity 4.0(2) release, around 3/10.

Community Member

Thank you for the additional information..I indeed think I'll wait until the mid March release to deploy globally.

The current 4.01 release is going to solve some immediate needs I have though.

I thank everyone for their information.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content