Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Does CheckPoint VPN Client support IP Communicator 2.0?

Hi,

I am wondering if Checkpoint VPN Client supports IP Communicator 2.0?

The reason I am asking this is that we experienced one-way audio issue sometimes on the IPC on the LAN side,while the IPC on the VPN client works fine; However, sometimes, the IPC on the LAN side, can hear the audio from the IPC on the VPN side.

Thanks,

JJ

2 REPLIES

Re: Does CheckPoint VPN Client support IP Communicator 2.0?

Supported software VPN clients include Cisco Systems VPN Client 3.x or 4.x, and the Microsoft PPTP client. Other third-party VPN clients might be unsupported. A VPN solution is typically unsupported if it is not a Cisco product and does not function like a network interface card.

If the PC on which Cisco IP Communicator is running uses an unsupported software VPN client, audio IP address auto-detection will not work. The resulting symptom is one-way audio.

In this case, you need to complete the following tasks:

?First, run the Cisco IP Communicator Administration Tool and select the option to enable the HTTP access. Doing this creates a getIP.asp reflector web page. (See the "Running the Cisco IP Communicator Administration Tool" section on page 2-17 for help.)

?Next, specify the location of the getIP.asp web page in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration (Device > Phones > Phone Configuration > Product Specific Configuration > IP Address Auto-detection URL).

By default, getIP.asp is stored here: http:///communicatorloads/communicator/getIP.asp

If you want to change the location of the getIP.asp reflector web page, copy the getIP.asp from the default location, place it in a new location, and enter the new URL in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration (see the second bullet above). If you choose to change the location, be aware that getIP.asp must be placed on a Microsoft IIIS Web server to work properly for auto-detection purposes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805f085a.html

Eventhough this works for many unsupported VPN clients I have seen that the clients doesn't allow TFTP packets and that causes the one way audio issues.

HTH

//Jorge

Re: Does CheckPoint VPN Client support IP Communicator 2.0?

Thanks Jorge.

I will try it. But wondering on your last point, why TFTP packet has to do with audio stream?

Thanks,

JJ

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content