Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

domain name change

I don't know how I always get the good ones. This company I am working with this week wants to change their domain name. They have Unity 3.1.3 with Exchange 2000. Exchange is on the Unity server, but mailboxes are hosted on a different Exchange server. What is the impact of the name change on Unity? Can I make some changes in the registry, or do I have to reload it and Exchange? I am not sure of the impact on Exchange either.<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: domain name change

Exchange 2000 uses Active Directory which does not allow you to change the domain name without a complete directory services reinstall which would then also require an exchange 2000 and Unity reinstall.

you can change the recipient policy on exchange from abc.com to xyz.com which, once you change the mx record, will allow them to receive mail at another domain name.

John Messina
Network Engineer
Crimson Technologies Inc.
jmessina@crimsoncti.com
http://www.crimsoncti.com

Edited by jmessina on 6/7/02 02:52 AM.

Will I have to reinstall Unity as well, or is there some editing procedure I can follow to put it into the new domain?

Gold

You will need to reinstall Unity as well. You can use the DiRT tool to help you with this migration. It should make the Unity part fairly simple for you.

Also, Windows .NET will allow for a domain name change in the future...

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.