cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

domain security policy

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

If the unity is not a DC and a domain security policy is in effect, where do I grant the installation and services accounts the rights to act as a part of the operating system and log on as service. The reason I ask this is from installation guide it says on Unity server, but actually in customer site, unity server is not able to do this? I guess it has to be done on the the existing DC server?

5 Replies 5

jschless
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can make the changes from an existing DC server. I am not sure why you cannot access the Domain Sercurity Policy from Unity - could it possibly be hidden?

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

It depends on the OU that Unity is in any their GPO design. By default you just need to change it in the domain security policy. Most customers don't change the default.

Keith

But I only can see local security policy under program>Admin tool. Initially I thought the customer didn't deploy domain security policy, so I went into local policy and tried to assign domain/administrator(which is the install ,service and admin account)to those two services, however,I found the"look in" space bar is greyed out except for the local server when I click add button. So I guess customer deployed domain security policy. How can I verify whether they had domain security policy or not?

The Domain Security Policy tool may not be present because no one installed all of the administrative tools. Run C:\Winnt\System32\adminpak.msi.

adam

"The Domain Security Policy tool may not be present because no one installed all of the administrative tools. Run C:\Winnt\System32\adminpak.msi."

not required in his case

start>run> dompol.msc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: