cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Domino 6.0.1, UnityUM, Exchange Client.....DUCS?

ptalbot
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need to install DUCS on the Domino Server if I am not using Notes clients? The clients in this case are Outlook using POP3 and SMTP to send and receive mail. Also, it seems that we must install a Notes client on the Unity server prior to the Unity install (software not included in Unity distribution) in order to effect the integration. Can someone confirm? Thanks in advance.

Pat

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you need to install DUCS on each Domino server which has subscribers that Unity will service. Yes you do need to install Notes on the Unity server. If you are downloading mail off the Domino server to a local mail client Unity is not going to have access to it anymore which means that clients will not be able to check the voicemail via Unity.

Hope this helps,

Keith

Thanks Keith - we did think of the last point you made as well, I think the workaround for us is to set the POP3/SMTP client to leave messages on the server. Outlook has settings to leave the mail on the server until a certain time period has passed, and I also think Outlook can be made to leave messages on the server until they are deleted from the Deleted Items folder. Thanks again for the verification on DUCS and the Notes client installation on the Unity Server. Much appreciated!

Pat