Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Don't display caller number

I configure AutoAttendant through call router and call handler in unity ,but the caller number can't display and it prompts "From Voicemail" on phone before the call is picked up.And after picking up it,the caller number is display normally . Why ?

5 REPLIES
Green

Re: Don't display caller number

Hi,

Assuming that you've set up the call transfer to be 'supervised transfer' this is the behavior you're going to see. When Unity puts the original caller on hold in order to call your phone, the two call legs aren't bridged together, so the call appears to CallManager to be a simple call from Unity. When you pick up the call, then Unity bridges the two legs together, and CallManager changes the caller ID to reflect the change. If you reconfigure Unity to use 'release to switch' then you will see half a second of the call being from Unity, but when it bridges the two legs together (while your phone is still ringing), CallManager will immediately change the readout.

When you choose 'release to switch', Unity will put the caller on hold, dial the user's number, and connect the two. So, the caller should hear a very brief moment of music on hold, then hear the ringback from the phone, etc. To get it so that there's MoH until the recipient answers, you'd have to go back to 'supervised transfer', which would break your Caller ID.

HTH

//G

I choose 'release to switch', but I see the call being from unity unitl I pick up the call ,not half a second.

Green

Which CCM and Unity version?

Which TSP version?

What is the exact call flow?

GW--> CTICF to VM --> Unity --> IP Phone?

Or you have configured a Pilot Point| Hunt Pilot or sth ?

Let me know

Txs

CCM4.1(3) Unity4.0(4)

What is TSP ?

Configuration step:

1. set CTI route point with line 3888(DID) in CCM

2. On line 3888, all call is forward to voicemail

3. On Unity,set call routing: all call ,which calling number is on voicemail pilot, is send to greetings Administrator

4. On unity, set call handlers:Opening Greeting & Operater

Opening Greeting:call input 0 to send call to operater call handler

Operater:transfer all call to reception extension 3800

gogasca ,I'm hoping for your reply!

Views
Helpful
Replies