Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dongle key issue

FYI - We had a Unity server running on an IBM 5000 server that suffered a severe freeze. It had to be power cycled hard. When coming back up, Unity wouldn't start and left an event in the application log stating:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvArbiter_MC

Event Category: Init

Event ID: 1032

Date: 2/6/2003

Time: 6:18:15 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

An error occurred detecting the vendor's (software/hardware) identification.

We couldn't find anything in the forum and TAC was at a complete loss as well. We checked the dongle via KeyDump and the key could be read. Still wondering about the key, we shutdown and pulled it off. After booting it showed the 'normal' errors I would expect. We decided the best options were 'refreshing' the install or completely recovering from tape (and praying). When we ran setup we received an error stating the product wasn't licensed properly. After examining the key more closely, we found that the OEM and Product fields were bad (one showed nothing and the other showed partial text). We happened to have our original license key on file so we 'upgraded' the key (w/ same one) and it refreshed perfectly. Unity started back up w/ no issues. This is my 2nd dongle issue in 4 yrs so I can't say it's a constant problem but I'm certainly glad were onto a different license platform....hopefully more stable. Just wanted to post this if any of you run into the same thing you'll have something come up when searching this forum.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.