Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Door Phone Controllers

Does anyone have experience with Door phone controllers?

We just replaced a customers Lucent PBX with a Cisco solution. The origional PBX was using a Phone Door controller to operate the main door via a telephone. I have a 2610xm with a NM-HDA-4fxs. I have the phone door controller connected to one of the FXS ports on the HDA. When I dial the extension for the door controller it just rings and won't answer. If I place analog phone on the same FXS port the phone rings and the call is completed when I go off hook. CallManager 3.3(3) and the 2610 is configured as H323

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Door Phone Controllers

We've done this before. Usually the situation is the door controller calls /you/ - it is configured to attach to an FXS port and dial a certain number, not to answer calls. Then when somebody picks up the call, it listens for a DTMF tone to open the door. If this sounds like how your door controller works, just make sure it's set up to call the appropriate number (and your gateway can reach that number) and away you go!

Thanks for your reply and I understand what you are saying, but the way its working now is they can dial extension 39from a lucent phone, the door controller answers then they dial 6723 to open the door.

Bronze

make sure you have dtmf-relay turned on on the H.323 gateway, under the voip dial-peer.

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

as well as

incoming called-number .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content