Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

Door phone, coverage path

Hi, I am configuring an analog push button door phone that I want to follow a certain call path until someone answers. I come from a traditional PBX environment where I had this implemented succesfully with time-of-day coverage paths (Avaya terms).

I have the phone hotdialing a number when the button is pushed, I just need a point in the right direction so that I can get the DN to follow a certain path until a user amswers. This path will change based on the time of day also.

Example: Push button - extension 100 rings, no answer - ring extension 200, etc. After 5 pm? then ring extension 300, then 400 so on.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Door phone, coverage path

Assuming u have CM 4.1 or later.

TOD routing is possible with partitions, time periods and time schedules.

1. Configure extension 100 with call forward no answer set to 200. so if 100 doesnt answer, 200 will ring.

2. Define a time period in Callmanager, say its called as BusinessHours (M-F, 8am-5pm). 3. Add this time period to a time schedule. 4. Apply this time schedule to a partition that you define, say its called DoorPhonePn. So partition DoorPhonePn is active only during M-F, 8am-5pm.

5. Create a second partition say DoorPhoneBackupPn. You may or may not define a time schedule for this pattern.

6. Set Call Forward No Answer on extn 300 to ring extn 400. So if 300 doesnt answer, 400 rings.

7. When you setup a Plar in Callmanager, you have to define a null translation pattern. For TOD to work with Plar, you will need to define two null translation patterns.

8. Put Null translation pattern 1 in DoorPhonePn partition

9. Set Null translation pattern 1 to translate to extn 100.

10. Put Null translation pattern 2 in DoorPhoneBackupPn

11. Set Null translation pattern 2 to translate to extn 300.

12. Make sure the translation patterns have a CSS that has access to the partitions in which extn, 100 and 300 are.

13. Create a new CSS, called DoorPhoneCSS and list the partitions in this order.

DoorPhonePn

DoorPhoneBackupPn

During business hours, DoorPhonePn is active

So it will plar to 100.

After hours, DoorPhoneBackupPn is active, So it will plar to 300.

Here is a link on how to setup basic plar.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts.

Re: Door phone, coverage path

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation.

Views
Helpful
Replies