cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DPA hybrid configuration - port assignments

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

The DPA config document gives an example of 12 call processing ports and 4 MWI ports from an Octel system. It also states that this configuration is flexible - eg: you could increase the ratio: 6 MWI and 10 call processing ports.

What the doc does not say is if you can leave DPA ports unused. For example: I may want to start off using 4 Octel ports for call processing and 2 Octel ports for MWI. If this could be done users can be gradually migrated over and port capacity increased in steps as more users use CCM phones. Any info appreciated.

Regards,

Scott

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

The ports can definitely be moved over in stages.We first started with 8 Octel ports on the DPA for call processing with 2 for MWI.We then moved to 10 then 12 and now have 14.These are pretty quick changes as you just have to change the jumpers for each port to connect to the DPA, then add the new port in CCM and change the line type in the Octel from 150 to 148.You will also change the Octel port to the port group assigned for the DPA at this point as well.The whole thing takes about 5-10 minutes at the most.

How did you make out with the TN print I sent you for the MWI port programming on the Nortel? Let me know how its going.

Take care.

Rob

Thanks Rob for both these posts. We are about to implement in the next few weeks and really needed those questions answered.The documentation on the Cisco site is lacking on the DPA. Does it come with additional manuals when shipped?

Best regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I'm glad to help! The DPA does ship with a fairly good manual which should help. The best information we used was actually from Avaya and was a detailed description of the integration. I can't find it on their site anymore but if you want to email me offline I can try to help get you a copy.I don't have a soft copy anymore. :(

rhuffman@mtroyal.ca

Take care!

Rob

Please rate helpful posts.