cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Drop calls

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

We have the problem with the phone calls. It is intermittent. When a caller calls in, he listen for the ring (like 7 rings),but here at the reception it is just 2 rings. And when reception pickup the phone,no one is on the phone. Caller things that no body is in the phone. Pleas help me out.

Thnx

5 Replies 5

ng.saravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I assume that you have ICM, CCM, IVR and some additional components in the setup. Could you please brief about the call flow?

If the call lands first at the IVR and comes to ICM and get routed to the appropriate location then there is a possiblity to keep ringing at the IVR end first and then comes to ICM or it might be in otherway also.

Check with your call flow, that might help you to solve the problem.

Regards,

N.G.Saravanan.

No we have only Call manager and router connected with PSTN. Call drop happens whne recieve call from PSTN not internally. W ehave Call maanger 3.1(3a).

Does the problem occur when dialing internally, from IP phone to the receptionists IP Phone? If it's dropping only calls from the PSTN, consider turning on the standard debugs from the router. This can be a major undertaking if you're not familiar with proper call flow. Compare a debug with a successful call with that to the receptionist.

tmitchell
Level 1
Level 1

This may be caused by a sub-optimal voice path. Is spanning tree running? Do you know the IP voice path? Do you get complaints of one way voice? When this happens, can you ping from gateway to endstation and serving switch to gateway?

let me know,

regards, Mitchell

Brent Rockburn
Level 2
Level 2

did this get fixed?

I'm experiencing a similar issue.

People are calling my branch site and it's ringing like 10 times then it just drops.