cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropped Calls Between Avaya & Cisco?

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Are there any known problems with dropped calls between a Cisco CallManager and an Avaya Communication Manager THAT HAVE ROUTERS IN BETWEEN THEM? Someone I work with had mentioned he heard of this as being a problem. However, when I talked to an Avaya engineer, he said he was only aware of a known problem with routers and/or certain IOS releases on Cisco routers in general...and nothing specifically related to a connection (IP trunks) between an Avaya and Cisco system. Does anyone know anything about this? I haven't been able to get back to the engineer I talked to lately. It makes a difference because if I can prove there's no real problem, then we won't install the Cisco CallManager we already own as an interface to the foreign offices we have that already use a Cisco CallManager network. What I'd rather do is simply set up trunks directly between the Cisco and Avaya units and route calls between the two - without using the other CallManager we have lying around. I see it as just something else to maintain and I'd rather not have it (Cisco CM) installed here if we don't have a real need for it. Thanks for your input :) If you have links to any documentation that supports your answer, please post it.

2 Replies 2

jneiberger
Level 2
Level 2

Can you give us a better idea of your topology? I'm a bit fuzzy on how you have things connected.

The only 'connection' would be a WAN link between the US and Europe...and whatever routers/equipment might be in that link.