cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropped Calls Between Avaya & Cisco?

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Are there any known problems with dropped calls between a Cisco CallManager and an Avaya Communication Manager THAT HAVE ROUTERS IN BETWEEN THEM? Someone I work with had mentioned he heard of this as being a problem. However, when I talked to an Avaya engineer, he said he was only aware of a known problem with routers and/or certain IOS releases on Cisco routers in general...and nothing specifically related to a connection (IP trunks) between an Avaya and Cisco system. Does anyone know anything about this? I haven't been able to get back to the engineer I talked to lately. It makes a difference because if I can prove there's no real problem, then we won't install the Cisco CallManager we already own as an interface to the foreign offices we have that already use a Cisco CallManager network. What I'd rather do is simply set up trunks directly between the Cisco and Avaya units and route calls between the two - without using the other CallManager we have lying around. I see it as just something else to maintain and I'd rather not have it (Cisco CM) installed here if we don't have a real need for it. Thanks for your input :) If you have links to any documentation that supports your answer, please post it.

2 Replies 2

jneiberger
Level 2
Level 2

Can you give us a better idea of your topology? I'm a bit fuzzy on how you have things connected.

The only 'connection' would be a WAN link between the US and Europe...and whatever routers/equipment might be in that link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: