cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DROPPED CALLS

ali
Level 1
Level 1

It has been happening for over 5 month! I tried Cisco TAC but no luck....

We have a call manager with a DT24+ as a gateway, every now and then, some outside phone calls get dropped and the phone gives a busy signal.

Any Ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

-Ali

4 Replies 4

fbahram
Level 1
Level 1

We need more information to be able to help on this issue.

For example, do you know anything unique about dropped calls? Is it always the same number or same area code or same set of phones or same set of ports on the DT24+ or always incoming or outgoing calls? Anything unique to characterize the calls. Next, which direction is the disconnect coming from. If the call is truly dropped then one of the call legs is abruptly disconnected without user intereference. Is the Call manager receiving or sending the disconnect?

The TAC should be able to help you determine the cause. It may be hard to capture debugs since this is intermittent but over time we should be able to find out what is happening if we can find a pattern.

Hope this helps.

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

Can you please clarify. When you say that calls get dropped and the phone gives a busy signal, is it restricted to 1 phone, or is it all phones return a busy signal? And is it in one direction or does it happen on both (ie when dialling inbound to the ip network from the PSTN or vice versa?) How have you been fixing the problem? by resetting the gateway card?

The reason i'm asking is to see if you're experiencing a similar problem to what i had in the past.

cheath
Level 1
Level 1

What is your T1 "TX-Level CSU" set to? We had to "PAD" or Attenuate ours because the level was too high. Try -7.5dB as a start. Are you using an external CSU before the DT24+?

Chandler

Thank you guys for all your input. Changing the DT24+ seems to fix the problem, I havn't had one dropped call in 3 whole days.

Thanks,

Ali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: