Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dropped calls

I have a 7941 phone that is dropping calls, I have swapped cables, ports on the switch, I have even swapped out phones and the user is STILL having the problems. Anyone have any ideas????

Lisa

10 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Dropped calls

Lisa:

Could you provide the version of CCM that you are using, the phone load, and gateway type/config (leave out IP addresses). Is this the only user reporting dropped calls? Also, are you able to set CCM and SDL tracing to detailed and pull trace files from a dropped call to post here?

This will prove helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks,

Tom

I am having the same issue. Running 7941 and 7961's with firmware 7.0.3 on CME 4.0.1. On some incoming calls customer gets two rings and when they answer the call is gone. Debugs showed that Call terminated normally!!?? Just upgraded to 12.4(4)XC4. I hope this helps. I'll keep you posted. Are you using CME or CCM??

Tony

We are running CCM 4.1

The sw version on the phone is 7.0(3.0S)

Bronze

Lisa:

From the phone's firmware version I would guess you are running CCM 4.1(3)sr.. (a,b,c). Am I correct? If a CCM trace is not available could you set the phone to span to the PC port and capture a call?

Thanks.

Tom

Tom,

We are running CCM 4.1(3)sr3a, and I know trace is enabled...I just don't know how to use it. I am a newbie.

Thanks,

Lisa

Bronze

Lisa:

To get the right trace file you will need the DN the call was made from, the time (from the IP phone screen - as exact as you can get) and the subscriber the phone is registered to during the call.

In the subscriber go to C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\CCM\ and find the trace file that contains the call, then find the data for the call in the file by searching.

A sniffer trace would be helpful, too.

Here's a troubleshooting doc for CCM 4.1(3) that may help you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide_book09186a00803c8cbb.html

How many phones are experiencing the issue? Is it one user, all phones on one switch, or all users? The reason I ask is this may be a QoS issue in the network, not a CCM issue.

Thanks.

Tom

This is odd, I found the trace file for the last day the user called in. I opened the log in Excel and did a search using the extension #, the IP address #, and the Device name...nothing

Lisa

Oops, I checked the next log file. Here is sampling of some of the entries.

CM|Forwarding - decodeDivertingLegInfo2APDU - Original called Name not received, setting original called name/PI equal to diverting name/PI|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:10.40.111.11><:2><:10.40.200.140><:SEP0016C8B4758A>

CCM|ConnectionManager - wait_AuDisconnectRequest:NO ENTRY FOUND IN TABLE,CI(34465597,0),dcType=1,IFCreated(0,0),PID(0-0,0-0),IFHandling(0,0),MCNode(0,0)|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:10.40.111.11><:2><:10.40.200.140><:SEP0016C8B4758A>

CM|ConnectionManager - wait_AuDisconnectRequest:NO ENTRY FOUND IN TABLE,CI(34465951,34465952),dcType=1,IFCreated(0,0),PID(0-0,0-0),IFHandling(0,0),MCNode(0,0)|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:10.40.111.11><:2><:10.40.200.140><:SEP0016C8B4758A>

Bronze

Lisa:

The trace excerpts indicate the call is being diverted to your 7941 from another destination.

Also, the CCM|ConnectionManager - wait_AuDisconnectRequest indicates the target device encountered an on-hook condition to terminate the call.

At this point I would open a TAC case to get a copy of the DickTracy program (it is a program that is run on the voice gateway). This will assist in capturing data from the gateway for troubleshooting.

Let me know how it goes.

Tom

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content