Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DS0-groups, E1 config.

Hi,

I have an AS5300 gateway connected to an E1. I have right now 30 channels for terminating traffic. My company will change that, they whanna have 15 channels for origination and 15 for terminating, well my question is, how do I configure the voice port, do I have to change my dial-peer config, how does the gateway knows to wich channels send the terminating calls??. I would be very gratefull if somebody could answer this or gave me some tips.

Thank's

1 REPLY

Re: DS0-groups, E1 config.

Which channels terminate and which originate calls will all be defined by your dial-plan and dial-peers in the configuration. As far as the PBX/PSTN connected to the AS5300, you need to find out which channels are for terminating and which are for originating , and then create AT LEAST 2 ds0-groups, one for terminate, one for originate (you can create as many ds0-groups as you like as long as you keep track of which voice ports are for terminate purposes and which are for originate)...then you need to define your dialplan.

For channels that terminate calls on this AS5300, and send the call to the PSTN/PBX via the E1, you must have the pots dial-peer configured properly.

For channels that originate calls and leave the AS5300 to another voip gateway, you need to have your voip dial-peers with destination-pattern and session target defined correctly so the gateway knows how to route the call.

If your PBX decides to terminate a call on a channel that is supposed to initiate a call, as long as the dialplan allows it the call will go through....

So you need to be very careful in how you plan this out.....

On calls that you want to terminate on the AS5300, if you do not have a pots peer, then those voice ports will not terminate the call.

Here is some information on setting up a dialplan:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/in_out_dial_peers.html

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/valid_dial_peers.html

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies