Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DSP and conference

How does CCM know which router's DSP have to be used for conference in some cases?

Here is the scenario: Centralized call process with one remote office. I have configured both remote and central router with DSP for conference instead of using software conference bridge from CCM. My question is : if two remote ip phones and 1 HQ phone participant 1 conference, how does the CCM know which router's DSO it should use for conference?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: DSP and conference

The Media Resource Group List you have assigned to each of the phones specifies which transcoding/conference resource to use.

Are you using Media Resource Groups and Media Resource Group Lists?

If you are not using Resource Groups, then the Conference Resource listed first in the Device Pool that the phone that starts the conference resides in will be utilized.

If you are using Resource Groups, then the Conference Bridge listed first, in the first Resource Group listed in the first Resource Group List assigned to the Device Pool of the phone that starts the conference will be utilized.

tm

Tim Medley, CCDP, CCNP

IPT Consultant

http://www.iptnetworkers.com

I stronly recommend that any media resources, whether they are mtp/transcoding or conferencing are assigned to Media Resource group/list and associated with the appropriate device pool.

In instances where MRG are not configured all resources will fall within the default list, and the first resource in the list will be utilised when a session is requested.

This may result in an attempt to allocate resources from across the intra-cluster and will cause you problems if you are going from G711 to G729. If the later is the case SDL traces will highlight compatibility exchange problems.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content