Cisco Support Community
Community Member

DSP Farm module choices

I have used the NM-HDV-FARM module in a VG200 to provide a dsp farm for conferencing and transcoding.

What othe modules/devices could be used for remote office DSP Farms. Other than the NM-HDV-FARM and 6608 blades.

Can an NM-HDV-2T1-48 be used as a DSP Farm? What about a PA-VXB-2TE1+ or an AIM-VOICE-30?

Re: DSP Farm module choices

Sorry I am not responding to answer you question but I was wondering if you could let me know how your transcoding is working using the VG200? I have yet to be able to get it to work correctly where it sounded ok. Your thoughts?

Community Member

The VG200 is a major pain to get working well.

We finally got it working with the following:

IOS 12.2(15)T9

CCM 7.29 and 7.11 set to 30ms packet size

Gateways set to use 30ms packet sizes for 7.29 and

This finally eliminated one-way audio and distortion (with Conference Connection), MeetMe's and Adhocs usually sounded OK.

So are you saying the Transcoding between G.729 and G.711 works well with these settings? That has been my biggest issue to date. My MeetMe's and AdHocs have been inconsistent. Sometimes great sometimes very bad. Thanks for the info!!

Transcoding/media termination and conferencing can be done by:

* The NM-HDV series in VG200, 2600, 3600 or 3700 series routers with otherwise unallocated DSP resources.

This includes not only NM-HDV-FARM but the NM-HDV-2T1-48 and other bundles. Keep in mind there is no real hardware difference. The NM-HDV-2T1-48 part is a bundle with the NM-HDV, a VWIC-2MFT-T1 and four PVDM-12s. The NM-HDV-FARM is that minus the VWIC-2MFT-T1. The other parts are just varying NM-HDV bundles. There is no problem running the NM-HDV-2T1-48 as a transcoder or conference bridge, you just take away varying amounts of resources from handling T1s and you may not be able to use one or both interfaces.

* Reconfigured ports on the Catalyst 6500 WS-X6608 module.

As with the NM-HDV-2T1-48 and similar, you can reconfigure DSP resources away from the T1 ports to be used for transcoding/MTP and conferencing.

* The WS-SVC-CMM Catalyst 6500 service module with the optional WS-SVC-CMM-ACT ad-hoc transcoding and conference bridge module.

* The WS-X4604-GWY + DSPs (or the -VOICE bundle).

* Very recently in 12.3(2)XE, support was added for the 1751V and 1760 routers with otherwise-unallocated DSP resources.

The AIM-VOICE-30 and AIM-ATM-VOICE-30 cannot be used for transcoding or conferencing. There is no capability at all for transcoding or conferencing on the 7200 platform, with PA-VXB-2TE1+ or otherwise.

CreatePlease to create content