Sorry I am not responding to answer you question but I was wondering if you could let me know how your transcoding is working using the VG200? I have yet to be able to get it to work correctly where it sounded ok. Your thoughts?
So are you saying the Transcoding between G.729 and G.711 works well with these settings? That has been my biggest issue to date. My MeetMe's and AdHocs have been inconsistent. Sometimes great sometimes very bad. Thanks for the info!!
Transcoding/media termination and conferencing can be done by:
* The NM-HDV series in VG200, 2600, 3600 or 3700 series routers with otherwise unallocated DSP resources.
This includes not only NM-HDV-FARM but the NM-HDV-2T1-48 and other bundles. Keep in mind there is no real hardware difference. The NM-HDV-2T1-48 part is a bundle with the NM-HDV, a VWIC-2MFT-T1 and four PVDM-12s. The NM-HDV-FARM is that minus the VWIC-2MFT-T1. The other parts are just varying NM-HDV bundles. There is no problem running the NM-HDV-2T1-48 as a transcoder or conference bridge, you just take away varying amounts of resources from handling T1s and you may not be able to use one or both interfaces.
* Reconfigured ports on the Catalyst 6500 WS-X6608 module.
As with the NM-HDV-2T1-48 and similar, you can reconfigure DSP resources away from the T1 ports to be used for transcoding/MTP and conferencing.
* The WS-SVC-CMM Catalyst 6500 service module with the optional WS-SVC-CMM-ACT ad-hoc transcoding and conference bridge module.
* The WS-X4604-GWY + DSPs (or the -VOICE bundle).
* Very recently in 12.3(2)XE, support was added for the 1751V and 1760 routers with otherwise-unallocated DSP resources.
The AIM-VOICE-30 and AIM-ATM-VOICE-30 cannot be used for transcoding or conferencing. There is no capability at all for transcoding or conferencing on the 7200 platform, with PA-VXB-2TE1+ or otherwise.
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.