Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DSP Sizing problems

Hello,

I have a cisco 2801 gateway with :

- 2 VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

- 1 VIC-4FXS/DID

- 1 Unity Express AIM

- a need of 3 conferences

I used the DSP Calculator to know the DSP I Need. It asks me to put 1 PVDM2-16 and 1 PVDM2-8.

But, with this configuration, I can't configure any conference ressource (I can only configure maximum session conference to 0).

If I unplug one VIC, then I can configure maximum session conference to 3 in my dspfarm profile.

Is there an error in the DSP Calculator ? or is there a trick I don't know ?

Thanx !

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: DSP Sizing problems

If you show voice dsp and show dspfarm dsp all are all 24 channels showing? You should only need 8 channels for the voice cards. Are you using G711 only?

Well, I noticed that the DSP Calculator gave me a wrong result ...

I have 2 VIC2-2BRI + 1 VIC2-4FXS. So I can have a total of 12 G711 voice calls. So The router use the PVDM2-16 for voice calls.

I still have a PVDM2-8 in my router for conference but I can't use it because I need at least a PVDM2-16 to make conferences ....

So the DSP calculator said me to buy one PVDM2-8 + one PVDM2-16 but it's impossible to do everything (voice calls + conference) with this configuration ...

Thanx for all your help.

Bastien.

Green

Transcoding and normal voice termination can share the same DSP. Conference needs to use its own dsp firmware, hence it can not share the same dsp with transcoding or normal voice termination.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content