Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DT-24+ - lowering number of channels

I have a DT-24+. Our provider has us setup to utilize all 23 PRI channels, but since we never peak over 10 channels, I'd like to lower that number.

If I have them lower it, will I need to change anything on the gateway config? It doesn't seem that I will, but I am just checking to be safe. Will I need to reset the gateway or will it simply "pick up" the change?

BTW: The channel selection order is: Bottom Up. and I am using CM 3.1(2c)

Thank you,

Vladimir

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: DT-24+ - lowering number of channels

I was researching your question and I came across something that doesn't make sense to me, but it may affect you. The documentation says the following:

In the Trunk Selection Order box, select the order that channels should be selected for outbound calls. TOP_DOWN starts at Channel 1 descending; BOTTOM_UP starts at Channel 24 ascending.

The wording confuses me, but you may need to set your channel order selection to Top_Down (you should reset the gateway at that time). I assume that the D-channel on the DT-24+ defaults to channel 23, but I couldn't find that documented. Anyway, you may have to change the order and I would definetely have a fallback plan.

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content