Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF in call fails

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

CCM 3.3.3 sr4a

Today on two different sets during a call into "menu" systems, no DTMFs could be sent. (e.g. press 1 and the prompt just keeps repeating. One call was to HP Support and the other to a Cisco Conference Connection)

Rebooting the phone seemed to correct the problem.

Any ideas as to the cause for this "fluke" or is this something more foreboding???

Lee

4 Replies 4

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

Just had another user complain about not being to send DTMF tones once the call connects. Unplugging the set restores functionality. I would still like to know why after two years all of a sudden this is happening?

I think your best bet is to wait for an occurrance, and make sure your trace level is set to detailed, duplicate the problem with a test call, and open a TAC case and send along the CM trace. Then they will be able to tell who is failing to behave correctly - does the phone never try to send the tone, or does the CM ignore it, even though everything about the phone is normal.

Mary Beth

Well what ever is causing it is starting to tick off the users because more are noticing that they can't call into IVR systems.

I am even hearing complaints about outside users not being able to TT responses to our IPCC Enterprise. Too spooky.

Lee

Is this the same system as your 'smoke and mirrors' post? It would be interesting to see if the reboot cleared this problem too!

Mary Beth