Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

dtmf problem with E1-R2 Signaling

Hi,

I am using Cisco 3640 having NM-HDV-E1 connected to a Meridian 61 C. This is a call center setup using a VoIP network. All the calls are terminated onto this Cisco 3640, which would forward the calls to Meridian over the E1 connection. I am using E1-R2 signaling. The calls are being forwarded to the PBX, but dtmf is having some problems. I have used "debug vtsp" and found that digits are being received on the router, but either these are not being forwarded to PBX, or PBX is unable to receive it as IVR (connected to PBX) is not responding.

Is there some some known dtmf related problem with the R2 signaling or some modification in the configuration is required.

The simple sample configuration i m using is as:

!

controller E1 2/0

framing NO-CRC4

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital dtmf dnis

description **** Connection to NorTel Meridian

!

!

!

voice-port 1/0/0

input gain 14

timeouts wait-release 3

connection plar 100

caller-id enable

supervisory disconnect anytone

!

voice-port 1/0/1

input gain 14

timeouts wait-release 3

connection plar 100

caller-id enable

supervisory disconnect anytone

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 100

port 2/0:1

!

!

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: dtmf problem with E1-R2 Signaling

If this system has the call looping (hairpinning) from the FXS port to the E1 port, the audio is being sent as straight PCM - there is no compression done so the DTMF will not be changed at all. Does the debug vtsp show the digits being sent towards the R2 trunk ?

Re: dtmf problem with E1-R2 Signaling

I would like to know if applying compression over DTMF with E1-R2 signaling, it could cause some sort of problem such as "blocked channels" between FXO's calls and E1.

Views
Helpful
Replies