Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DTMF-RELAY on AS5300

Hi to all,

I'm using AS5300 with IOS 12(0)2 XD1

I've read at CCO dtmf-relay capabilities and I have the following question:(http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_serv/5300/sw_conf/voip/6271voip.htm#xtocid2078220)

if I configure a voip dial-peer like this:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

dest-pattern .T

sesstion target ras

dtmf-relay

codec g711ulaw

the gateway will try to negotiate dtmf relay options and if the called party doesn't support anyone, the gateway will choose no dtmf-relay ?

Is it right?

Regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES

Re: DTMF-RELAY on AS5300

You are correct Chris. in the SETUP message that the source will send towards the destination, it will specify DTMF relay as one of the options supported, just like the g711 codec. Typically, in the PROCEEDING/ALLERTING message that will come back from the destination, it will also list the options it supports, after matching to the best of its ability. And if the destination doesn't support DTMF relay, the inband dialtones won't pass thru, or better yet, the end that doesn't support it will not be able to play them as tones to the end user.

E.

Re: DTMF-RELAY on AS5300

Mmm, I think there's a misanderstanding.

Using no dtmf-relay on AS5300 (default) means dtmf are sent inband, as part of the audio stream.

Is the sequence still correct ?

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies