Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTMF to control Unity isn´t working

Hi,

I have installed a Unity Voicemail System. Remote control of the voicemail boxes over DTMF from internal (IP Phones) is working. Remote control of the voicemail boxes from outside (PSTN) over DTMF isn´t working. I think it isn´t working because the DTMF tones aren´t transmitted to the Unity Server.

I have a cisco 3640 router with one e1 trunk to the PSTN, one Callmanager and one Unity Voicemail Server installed.

Has anybody an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Manfred

7 REPLIES

Re: DTMF to control Unity isn´t working

Sounds like you need to enable DTMF relay on your dial-peer to the unity. Under the voip dial peer, the command should be dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer. This was my first idea too. The dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric is configured on the dial peer voip and it doesn´t work anyway.

Regards

Manfred

Cisco Employee

Can you possibly post your 3640 running configuration? Also, what version of IOS are you using?

I haven´t found how to post an attachment. I have sent the config file directly to david. If everybody else needs the config file please send me an email.

Your symtoms closely resemble an issue I was having. Take a look at my dial peers....Use the progress_ind statements under your dial peers.....

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 2/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 6302...

progress_ind setup enable 3

session target ipv4:172.16.56.2

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

I configured my dial-peers like your suggestion. But I still can´t send DTMF signals to the Unity Server. For testing DTMF I send DTMF signals from the PSTN to a IP phone. I think this should work.

No idea what to do!

Cisco Employee

You can just copy and paste the contents of the file to your post.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content