Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTMF tone generation from a SoftKey

Hi all,

I'm currently writing a service and need to generate dtmf tones whilst a call is in progress, from a softkey, so that our VCS, not callmanager, can put a call on hold.

I've tried “Dial:#1” as the url on a softkey but this doesn't work, all that happens is displayed at the prompt I get:

Handle current call

then

Auto dial cancelled

Obviously the phone won't dial when it already has a call.

So is there a way of generating the tones from a softkey? Or I'm I going to have to resort to JTapi and terminals and other nastiness...

Cheers,

Duncan.

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: DTMF tone generation from a SoftKey

There is information on this in the IPPS SDK around page 18 that may be of use to you.

Specifically, use Key:KeyPad0 and change the digit 0 (at the end) to whichever digit you are looking to use. You can also use other keys such as Key:KeyPadStar, Key:KeyPadPound, Key:Speaker etc. Check out the SDK for more information...

Thanks, that's almost exactly what I was looking for, one thing though, the SDK doesn't mention how to string multiple keys together on a single softkey press? Is there a separating character?

Cheers,

Duncan.

Silver

I am not aware of any method of chaining multiple Key URIs in a single softkey item. There may be a way, but I'm not sure.

One thing you may want to play with is to have the softkey redirect to another page that contains the CiscoIPPhoneExecute tag. Since you can chain multiple (3) ExecuteItem directives, this may allow you to achieve a similar result.

If you need to return to the calling page, or another page, as in the example below, using the 3rd executeitem to call another page may work.

e.g. (code snippet):

http://myserver/myapp/mypage.asp" />

I hope that helps, or perhaps there is indeed a way to chain Key URIs.

Yes that helps thanks, I think the jtapi route is looking more likely now though, as there appears to be a generateDtmf() function on a MediaTerminalConnection.

Cheers,

Duncan.

does anyone know whether this is something that can be done via native XML commands using the newer IPPSDKs ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content