cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF

jsab
Level 1
Level 1

When message notification calls the device,such as a cell phone, dtmf is not recognized. If I dial into check the voice mail, dtmf works fine. The only time dtmf is not recognized is during message notification. Unity is 2.4.6.102 and CM is 3.09<br><br>

13 Replies 13

Not applicable

If the dial-out for message notification is traversing an H.323 gateway, make sure the dtmf-relay for "H245-alphanumeric" is enabled on the dial-peer servicing the voice mail ports.

Yeah, we checked that. The odd thing is that it works great thru the gateway on regular dial-in. Only the notification is screwed up.

Not applicable

Sounds like external callers dialing in can do DTMF just fine, but when Unity does notification to an external phone, they cannot get Unity to respond to DTMF?

Anyway you can send the config off of the GW? If so, make sure to let me know the DN's of the Unity ports.

oliviers@cisco.com

Yes, I'll dig out the configs and send them to you. I think I worked with you when you did beta testing @ SJI...

Not applicable

Could very well be, I was out there!

Not applicable

I was wondering if there was a solution for this. I am having the same problem at my sight, except for some times I cannot get it to call at all. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040
Tele: (504) 682-5245 x 7002
Fax: (504) 682-5298
E-Mail: tdean@ebi-inc.com

Not applicable

Every single "DTMF not-recognized by Unity" issue we have seen has been a configuration issue some where in the network. CallManager sends DTMF's out of band as skinny messages to the TSP. Gateways to the PSTN need to be configured that they relay in-band DTMF to out of band to CCM. If it works one way and not the other, I am curious as to how the GW is set up. I have been able to re-produce the exact same scenario in the lab. It was a mis-config.

If you can give some background on your specific site, we might be able to give some pointers.

If Unity is not dialing out at all to do the notification, that is a separate issue. That will likely call for additional troubleshooting.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Steve,

I had our local cisco systems engineer take a look at it and he said it was all correct. What do you need from me to verify that it is all correct. Tell me what I need to give you or tac so they can verify it.
Thanks for the Help

Troy Dean
Elevating Boats LLC.
900 St. Bernard Pkwy
Braithwaite, La 70040
Tele: (504) 682-5245 x 7002
Fax: (504) 682-5298
E-Mail: tdean@ebi-inc.com

Not applicable

I would suggest getting a CallManager phone trace of the call. If there are DTMF messages being sent to Unity and Unity is not responding, then I would contact Unity TAC. If there are no DTMF messages being passed to Unity, then I would contact CallManager TAC.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

All Unity cases with a CallManager integration go to the 'CallManager' guys. :-)

Keith

Not applicable

I had the same problem. Callers dialing into system and getting to Unity could pass DTMF. When Unity dialed out the called party could not pass DTMF to Unity. This was caused by having a "dial-peer voice 6000 voip" that matched all incoming calls (DID range of 6xxx) with dtmf relay configured. When Unity was dialing out it had a calling number of the corporations main number (xxx-yyy-zzzz). Since there was no VOIP dial-peer that matched this calling number dtmf was not configured for this call. I added a VOIP dial-peer with xxx-yyy-zzzz as the destination pattern and dtmf worked just fine. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll give this a shot...

Not applicable

Yes, I had the same problem and agree with both Anon (this is a good way to fix) and Steve (DTMF stuff is almost always a dial-peer config issue). Another workaround for this, instead of creating a separate dial-peer, is to alter the CallingParty on the DNs in CM to match an existing voip dial-peer for which you DO have dtmf-relay configured.

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: