Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dual 7916's showing blank blue screen after 30 mins. uptime

Have any of you had this experience before? I have a 7975 series phone with dual 7916's expansion modules; The phone and the expansion modules boot-up fine but after 30 mins or more of idle time, the expansion modules display screen is Blue with no programing.This setup is working fine on other phones but is an issue on two 7975's right now. I have deleted and re-added the problem phones in CUCM 9.1 replace, ALL hardware (i.e. phone, pwr cube, expansion modules etc.) and swapped all network components. See the following Specs. below:

CUCM 9.1

7975 firmware SCCP75.9-3-1SR1-1S

7916 firmware B016-1-0-4-2

2 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Richard,Just covering all

Hi Richard,

Just covering all steps here but are the expansion modules selected within the phone configuration within CUCM?  On the physical phone itself, if you press the settings button and select Status, then Expansion Modules what do you see?  May have to upgrade the firmware of the 7916's.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks, Tony Please rate helpful posts!

Tonyperla,Thanks for your

Tonyperla,

Thanks for your repsonese! It turned out to be bad Plantronics Headset bases (CS540). Once we replaced the Plantonics headsets the problem went away. I know that sound weird but we have not had this problem since we replace the ones that were having the problem

Views
Helpful
Replies