Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual Display?

Ok, don't laugh because the answer seems kind of obvious but I have to ask...

What is the difference between paying for dual display capabilities versus using a switcher with multiple monitors?

I am guessing there has to be a visual difference (clone vs extended?) but I have nothing to compare it to?

So, if I have a presentation that I am sharing --if I have dual display I can see the presentation on one screen and the offsite participants on the other?

Or is dual display really better for carts with two monitors vs a conference room with a switcher?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm assuming you're talking about a Video Conferencing or TelePresence device - you haven't really specified in your post.

The advantage of a "dual display" is that you can have the presentation on one screen and the far end participants on the other, or in a normal single site call, you can have self-view on one and the far end on the other, or if you're doing a multi-site call to two participants, you can have each of them on their own screen rather than squashing them both on to one.

A standard "splitter" will not enable any of that, it'll just duplicate your display on to both screens.

Note: with the new devices, the Dual-Display licence is automatically included (since 31 March 2014).

PS - If your query is about the TelePresence / Video Conferencing devices, it would be much better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these things are more actively discussed than in the Small Business Support section you've posted in.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm assuming you're talking about a Video Conferencing or TelePresence device - you haven't really specified in your post.

The advantage of a "dual display" is that you can have the presentation on one screen and the far end participants on the other, or in a normal single site call, you can have self-view on one and the far end on the other, or if you're doing a multi-site call to two participants, you can have each of them on their own screen rather than squashing them both on to one.

A standard "splitter" will not enable any of that, it'll just duplicate your display on to both screens.

Note: with the new devices, the Dual-Display licence is automatically included (since 31 March 2014).

PS - If your query is about the TelePresence / Video Conferencing devices, it would be much better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these things are more actively discussed than in the Small Business Support section you've posted in.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks that is what I was kind of expecting.

Yes it was telepresence..and the funny thing was...(sorry) the Small Business choice was the only choice that would let me post :)  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: